Sunday, December 8, 2019

Final New Year's Six predictions

With the season in the books and the final rankings a few hours out, here's my final predictions for the New Year's Six.

Semifinals (Peach and Fiesta):
-LSU (#1) vs. Oklahoma (#4)
-Ohio State vs. Clemson (2 vs. 3)

Four conference champions means that only the Rose Bowl doesn't need a replacement team for the Pac-12.

Sugar:  Georgia (SEC replacement) vs. Baylor (Big 12 replacement)
Rose:  Wisconsin (Big Ten replacement) vs. Oregon (Pac-12 champ)
Orange:  Virginia (ACC replacement) vs. Florida (highest ranked non-champ/non-replacement out of SEC/Big Ten/ND)
Cotton:  Memphis (#17, G5) vs. Utah or Penn State (highest ranked team not already placed)

I have to hedge my bet a little with the at-large spot, because I don't know exactly how far Utah might drop.  Although I think the losers from the top 10 this weekend (Utah, Georgia, Wisconsin, and Baylor) end up as #5-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment