Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pre-season prediction: Final Four

As we approach the 10 day countdown to the 2014 season, I thought I would make a quick post to list my predictions for the four teams to get to the College Football Playoff.

In no particular order:
-Florida State (ACC)
-UCLA (Pac-12)
-Michigan State (B1G)
-Alabama (SEC)

I think the Big 12 will find themselves beating each other up late in the year to lose out on the fourth spot.  It will probably come down to Oklahoma, Baylor, and one surprise team, who will all go 1-1 against each other.

But, I would not be surprised if the SEC gets left out.  Several teams there are stepping up, and could make the SEC start spinning the Wheel of Destiny.  However, if both the SEC and Big 12 start playing that game, then the SEC would beat out the Big 12.

I was hesitant to go with Alabama, especially since they flopped at the end of last season, and they have an unknown quantity at quarterback.  But they've been able to reload like no other team over the last five or six years.  And I can't count on another kick-6 by Auburn this year.

The ACC will still be spinning the Wheel of Destiny on the Coastal side, but Florida State will run over everyone on the Atlantic side.  Their biggest challenge will probably come in the ACC Championship game.

Now, I don't expect to be 100% right, and it'll probably be more fun this season if I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment