Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nick Saban wants the voters to be fair.

So do I, but I think we have different outcomes in mind.  And the reason I don't want to see an LSU-Alabama rematch is because that's already been decided on the field.

Nick Saban: "Pick fair"


Now I realize I could be seen as being hypocritical about not wanting a rematch there when I'm eagerly awaiting the Virginia Tech rematch with Clemson in the ACC title game.  But there are two differences:  a conference title game isn't the same as a national championship, and deals with a smaller scale; and the ACC has specific rules and divisions in place to determine who plays in that game.

LSU vs. Alabama in the national championship would be like the ACC coming back and saying that since Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech are the two best teams in the ACC, they will play for the championship, even though they're in the same division and one of them clearly didn't win their division.  For that matter, why isn't the SEC throwing out their rules and bumping Georgia for Alabama, because then that would have the two best SEC teams in the SEC title game?

No comments:

Post a Comment