Friday, August 24, 2012

2011 recap: SEC

So, we're nearing the end of the week and closer to kickoff.  We've also reached the conference that you've probably heard the most about, so we'll keep our discussion of the SEC brief.

6 days until kickoff....

The SEC kept me from watching the National Championship.  I refused to watch the LSU-Alabama rematch.  I was bored the first time I saw it, and I'm sure I would have been even more bored on the second time around.  And so the SEC claimed the national title for the sixth straight year.

Yawn.

I'm sure you can get plenty of SEC recaps elsewhere, and since I'm just not that big a fan of them right now, I'm just glossing over the season.  Yes, that implies bias, but this is a blog.

Nine SEC teams went to bowls, but of course, they were only in 8 bowls, which guaranteed them having at least one bowl loss.  The conference went 6-3, with Alabama, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, and Mississippi State winning.  LSU, Georgia, and Vanderbilt lost.  Ole Miss, Kentucky, and Tennesse stayed home.

Because the biggest game of the season was a 6-9 near snoozefest, I've chosen this clip for our recap entertainment.  In the game matching up Georgia and Tennessee, Georgia racks up enough penalties to force a fourth and 57 situation.

The SEC will begin 2012 with 14 teams, as Missouri and Texas A&M moved over from the Big 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment