Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Games to Watch: Week 5

Hard to believe that we're still not out of September.

Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of matchups that look interesting on this side of the weekend.  I'm sure that will lead to a crazy day if you just want to flip around the various ESPN, Fox, and regional channels.  But I can't predict anything right now, so we'll have to forgo the usual list this week.

There are several conference games across all leagues, but not too many marquee games.  Ohio State at Michigan State would be a lot bigger if Ohio State wasn't banned from the postseason.  Baylor at West Virginia also seems like the closest "big" game, but that's mainly due to WVU's recent entrance to the conference.  I'm sure several of the games will help shape the conference races, but ACC matchups of NC State at Miami and Duke at Wake Forest do not really look all that appealing on paper.

Virginia Tech plays Cincinnati at FedEx Field at 3:30 on ESPNU, and I'm hoping to finally see a Cincy team go home from that stadium with a loss this weekend.  If I have access to a TV that can pick up the ESPNU channel, I'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment